What we eat not only affects us physically but also affects our moods and ability to handle stress. Our brain chemicals, known as neurotransmitters are closely linked with what we eat. The most common of these; dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine are only working properly when we have adequate complex carbohydrate and protein consumption in our diets. It also important that we have proper absorption of our nutrients from our diet, so they can be put to good use
What To Avoid and Increase in Your Diet to Avoid Depression With Good Nutrition.
- Sugar, avoiding both artificial and processed sweeteners.
- Alcohol which is a depressant for your nervous system.
- Caffeine and soft drinks which over stimulate our bodies and are loaded with sugar.
- Fried, fatty, processed or refined foods and those high in saturated fats and hydrogenated oils. These foods are more or less empty calories, only benefiting in filling you and not feeding your brain with anything you need.
- Increase good fats in your diet such as polyunsaturated and monounsaturated oils.
- Eliminate food allergies by Isolating intolerances and sensitivies in your diet. This is a key factor to good neurotransmitter function. For instance, gluten-found in wheat products primarily has been linked to depressive disorders.
- Increase lean protein consumption such as wild cold-water fish, legumes, nuts, seeds and fermented dairy products, like yogurt which help to balance your diet.
- Increase whole grains, veggies and fruits aiming for ten servings daily. Fresh food is always preferred over canned.
- Daily exercise which increases your heart-rate. Even a moderate level daily is an absolute opponent to depression.
Want to know more about my natural depression services? Click Here
Located in Bergen County New Jersey and client’s come throughout the following counties and towns for services Passaic, Hudson, Essex, Monmouth, Ocean, Mercer, Middlesex, Somerset, Hunterdon, Morris, Richmond, Kings, Queens, Nassau, Suffolk, Bronx, Rockland, West Chester, Putnam, Orange, Dutchess, York, Lancaster, Bucks, Chester, Montgomery, and NYC.
Bergen County, New Jersey
Ackermans Mills, Allendale, Alpine, Arcola, Bergenfield, Bogota, Carlstadt, Carlton Hill, Cherry Hill, Chestnut Ridge, Cliffside Park, Closter, Coytesville, Cragmere Park, Cresskill, Crystal Lake, Darlington, Demarest, Dumont, East Rutherford, Edgewater, Elmwood Park, Emerson, Englewood, Englewood Cliffs, Fair Lawn, Fairview, Fardale, Ferdinands Mills, Fort Lee, Franklin Lakes, Garfield, Glen Rock, Hackensack, Harrington Park, Hasbrouck Heights, Haworth, Hillsdale, Hillsdale Manor, Ho-Ho-Kus, Kings Woods, Kingsland, Leonia, Little Ferry, Lodi, Lyndhurst, Mahwah, Masonicus, Maywood, Midland Park, Montvale, Moonachie, Morsemere, Mount Pleasant, New Bridge, New Milford, North Arlington, North Hackensack, Northvale, Norwood, Oakland, Old Tappan, Oradell, Palisades Park, Paramus, Park Ridge, Passaic Junction, Pulis Mills, Radburn, Ramsey, Ridgefield, Ridgefield Park, Ridgewood, Ridgewood Junction, River Edge, River Vale, Rochelle Park, Rockleigh, Rutherford, Saddle Brook, Saddle River, Saint Josephs Village, Sinnickson Landing, South Hackensack, Teaneck, Tenafly, Teterboro, Undercliff Junction, Upper Montvale, Upper Saddle River, Villa Marie Claire, Waldwick, Wallington, Warren Point, West Englewood, West Mahwah, West View, Westwood, Woodcliff Lake, Wood-Ridge, Wortendyke, Wyckoff.
Passaic County, New Jersey
Albion Place, Allwood, Apshawa, Athenia, Awosting, Bloomingdale, Browns, Clifton, Clinton, Cooper, Delawanna, Echo Lake, Erskine, Erskine Lakes, Great Notch, Haledon, Haskell, Hawthorne, Hewitt, Lake View, Lakeside, Little Falls, Macopin, Moe, Monks, Mountain View, Newfoundland, North Haledon, Oak Ridge, Packanack Lake, Passaic, Paterson, Pines Lake, Pompton, Pompton Junction, Pompton Lakes, Postville, Prospect Park, Richfield, Ringwood, Riverside, Singac, Skylands, Smiths Mills, Stonetown, Totowa, Upper Greenwood Lake, Upper Macopin, Uttertown, Wanaque, Wayne, West Milford, Woodland Park.